Advanced Ambulance Technician
Over the last decade the Ambulance Technician role has taken many different twists and turns across all UK NHS ambulance trusts as well as within the private sector. The governing and awarding body of the UK national award 'IHCD' has recently announced that the award is being removed from their catalogue of courses. After various consultations with local NHS ambulance trusts, private sector providers as well as academic institutes, Medipro have developed this level 4, 120 credit 'Advanced Ambulance Technician' award. It is therefore suitable for all NHS trusts and private sector ambulance care providers.
This course is approved by open college network credit4learning who allow Medipro to award the students academic recognition for their achievements which can be used as a stepping stone onto an appropriate paramedic award. It is also endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh who are the driving force for clinical standards within the pre hospital arena for the whole UK.
Some of the key points include:
- 120 credits at Level 4 that can be used to enter an existing Paramedic degree award
- ELCAS fundable
- Endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, the faculty of pre-hospital care
- Emergency driver training included (C1 can also be supported)
- London and Darlington locations
Open College Network and Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Medipro operates as a medical education provider internationally and nationally across the UK. We specialise in teaching emergency and immediate medical techniques, and theory, to a variety of students from all professional and non-professional walks of life. We promote the values of evidence based practice, accessibility for all, and student-centred learning. We believe that this creates an effective and relevant learning experience for the student.
With our wealth of experience and dedicated clinical and educational team we are able to offer some unique benefits to our corporate clients. These include:
- Clinical governance to support the continual improvement and monitoring of your company
- Bespoke training package with the added benefit of international approval if required
- Procurement of equipment
- Training brought to you both inside or outside of the UK
- Support with training records and compliance
- Become your ‘Training School’