Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Training
This online child sexual exploitation awareness training is designed to provide you with an understanding and awareness of the complexities involved with child sexual exploitation (CSE) issues. The course aims to give you the knowledge to be able to recognise potential cases of CSE and understand what constitutes best practice in responding to your concerns. Child sexual exploitation is an issue that affects thousands of young people every year, so it is essential that those people with safeguarding responsibilities have an awareness of how young people may be targeted, implicated and affected by CSE.
High Quality Training Experience
Designed by Experts in Safeguarding Children
CPD Accredited Course
Fully Online Course, Instant Access
High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This CSE awareness course is suitable for any practitioner working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults. It is appropriate for workers at all levels, from managers to volunteers.
Child sexual exploitation awareness training is essential for anyone with safeguarding responsibilities, including but not limited to: police officers, social workers, teachers, housing officers, youth service workers, residential workers, foster carers and anyone who requires an understanding of CSE issues.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – an overview of CSE and why it is important to have an awareness of it.
- What is Child Sexual Exploitation? – a definition of child sexual exploitation, the definition in more detail, the Children’s Commissioner, what is known about CSE, recognising child sexual exploitation, inappropriate relationships, the ‘boyfriend’ model and organised/networked exploitation.
- Understanding Young People's Involvement in CSE – how young people get involved, who is most vulnerable to CSE, case study, how young people are targeted and the warning signs of exploitation.
- Understanding Young People's Reactions to CSE – emotions connected to CSE, case study, why people don’t tell anyone about abuse, research studies, recognising and talking about CSE and the impact of exploitation.
- Best Practice in Responding to Issues – how to respond to child sexual exploitation, practice guidance, making referrals, the role of social services, the role of the police and other services, your role, local safeguarding children boards and the future of CSE practice.
- Further Resources – websites and books for further information on CSE issues.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT