Nutrition and Healthy Eating Training Course
This online training course follows the Level 2 Healthier Food and Special Diets syllabus and aims to explain the relationship between nutrition, diet and health so that people are able to make decisions about what they should be eating for the best nutritional results. The course gives an overview of each of the essential components in a healthy diet and explains the different requirements of special diets, including the special diets of children, vegetarians and people in care homes.
High Quality Training Experience
Designed by experts in Nutrition
CPD Accredited Level 2 Course
Fully Online Course, Instant Access
High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This nutrition training course is appropriate for anyone who works with food or who has an interest in improving their diet. The course is suited to food businesses that provide food to the public and want to know more about offering healthier food choices to their clients. This covers, but is not limited to, school canteens, care homes, bars and restaurants, community workers and fitness trainers.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality graphics and a full audio voice over.
- Introduction to nutrition – an overview of nutrition, the scientific terms associated with it, malnutrition, energy and business’ obligations towards providing safe and healthy food.
- Essential vitamins – an overview of the essential vitamins, their purposes, where they can be found and the problems caused by deficiencies.
- Essential minerals - an overview of the essential minerals, their purposes, where they can be found and the problems caused by deficiencies.
- Proteins and fats – an explanation of the different types of proteins and fats, where they can be found and what they are used for.
- Carbohydrates, fibre and fluids - an explanation of the different types of carbohydrate and fibre, where they can be found and what they are used for. The importance of fluids.
- A balanced diet – what constitutes a healthy diet, the eat well plate, proportions and portion sizes. The effects of fluids and alcohol.
- Diet and health- the links between diet and illness, the BMI chart, diabetes and food allergies.
- Nutritional requirements – an overview of the specific nutritional requirements needed by different groups of people.
- Food processing and labelling – an explanation of the different methods for processing food, how processing affects the nutritional content and the restrictions on food labelling.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 30 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge
It takes approximately 4-6 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT