Risk Assessment Training Course
This online Risk Assessment Training Course is designed to help employers, managers and supervisors understand how to identify hazards and produce a thorough risk assessment that is appropriate to their workplace.
Risk assessments are an important step in protecting employees from harm and ensure that organisations comply with the law by reducing risks as far as is reasonably practicable. The course helps employers to do this by explaining the essential steps to follow when doing a workplace risk assessment.
Ensures compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
CPD & RoSPA Accredited Course
High Quality Training Experience
Fully Online Course, Instant Access
High Quality Certificate - posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This course is suitable for all workers involved in developing a risk assessment and/or enforcing procedures in the workplace. This applies to all managers and supervisors, regardless of the industry that they work in.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The content of the course includes:
- The Role of Risk Assessment – what a risk assessment is and why risk assessments are needed.
- Basic Health and Safety Law – primary health and safety legislation, practical aspects of the law, regulation and approved codes of practice, duties of the employer and the enforcement of legislation.
- Practical Risk Assessments – who can carry out risk assessments, identifying hazards in the workplace, common hazards and practicalities.
- Evaluating the Risk and Control Measures – who might be harmed, evaluating risk and control measures, eliminating hazards, personal protective equipment.
- The Likelihood of Risk – reducing likelihood, the degree of risk and severity of harm, recording and reviewing results.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 1 hour to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion
£15 + VAT