Online Sports Nutrition Training Course
Whether you are an elite athlete or simply enjoy working out to keep fit, this online Sports Nutrition course will provide you with sports nutrition advice in order to help you to understand the main nutritional areas and keep your diet well-balanced, healthy and supportive towards the level of fitness you are trying to maintain or achieve. Making informed dietary choices will help you to perfect your training or fitness regime and aid you to reach goals quicker and more effectively. This course provides all the sports nutrition information you will need to ensure that you can successfully plan your daily fitness diet.
- Designed by a Qualified Dietician and Sports Nutritionist
- High Quality Training Experience
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This course is suitable for anyone who takes part in regular exercise or training sessions that wishes to improve their knowledge of the best diet for their performance. There are no prerequisites to the course and the information included is suitable for learners at all levels.
On successful completion of the Childhood Weight Management course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction and Getting Started – nutrition basics, the Eat Well plate, when to eat, snacking, main meals, supplements, water and fluids.
- Carbohydrate – macronutrients, glucose and glycogen, simple and complex carbohydrates, glycaemic index, how much carbohydrate to have, suitable foods to have during exercise and carbohydrate loading.
- Fats and Proteins – saturated and monounsaturated fats, omega 3 and 6, trans fatty acids, protein, amino acids, how much protein to have, combining protein with carbohydrate, protein-rich foods and vegetarians.
- Drinks – hydration, sports drinks, hypotonic and hypertonic drinks and sodium.
- Using Fuel – energy, the anaerobic and aerobic systems and how much of each nutrient to have.
- Different Sport Requirements – maintaining fuel and fluids, strength, power and sprint sports, team sports, boxing, judo, rowing and bodybuilding, weight cycling and weight loss.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
DurationIt takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT