Asbestos Awareness Training Course
This asbestos awareness training course is designed to help employers and employees understand the risks associated with working alongside asbestos. The course aims to provide workers with the skills needed for a successful risk assessment and explains the different control measures that can be put in place.
This asbestos awareness training gives details on all the legal regulations and allows companies to comply with the Control of Asbestos 2012 regulations and the COSHH 2002 regulations. The course has been developed by a team led by a British Safety Council member with over 30 years professional experience in health and safety management.
- Complies with Control of Asbestos 2012 regulations and COSHH 2002
- Delivers training in accordance with Approved Code of Practice L143
- Ensures employers fulfil Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos 2012 regulations
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- CPD and RoSPA Accredited Course
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
All workers who are liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos containing materials and know what to do if they come across them.
To comply with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance, all asbestos workers must be trained and competent and training should be delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L143, 'Work with asbestos containing materials'. This course successfully delivers training in accordance with this ACoP.
This course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to, or come into contact with, asbestos as part of their work. This includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Heating and ventilation engineers
- Demolition workers
- Carpenters, joiners and construction workers
- Roofing contractors
- Painters, decorators and plasterers
- Fire and burglar alarm installers
- Shop fitters
- Gas fitters
- Computer installers and telecommunications engineers
- General maintenance staff
- Cable layers and electricians
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Working with Asbestos - what is asbestos and where does asbestos exist? Ill-health effects.
- The Legal Framework - the benefits of addressing health and safety, employer responsibilities and employee duties.
- Risk Assessment - undertaking a risk assessment and the steps to follow.
- Complying with Regulations - prevention, hierarchy of control measures, work exposure limits (WEL), asbestos licenses, asbestos labelling and disposing of asbestos waste.
- Control Measures - personal protective equipment, monitoring and surveillance, training and supervision and wemergency procedures.
AssessmentThe online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT