Manual Handling Awareness Training Course
About this course
The delegates will be informed of:
This is a 1 day course.
Who the course is for?
- the legal requirements for managing manual handling operations
- typical manual handling injuries and their causes
- the steps involved in carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- suitable practical control measures for manual handling activities
- Instructed and then demonstrate or explain a sound lifting technique
- Suitable training solutions & supervisory management activities in support of manual handling risk assessments.
Any staff members invoved in the manual handling of any movement of loads. The course is particularly useful for supervisors of such work.
What delegates will learn
The course will include:
- Anatomy basics
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Good lifting practices
- Team lifting and handling awkward loads
- Awkward lifts and environments
- Manual handling control measures