Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Professionals
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Professionals package includes the adult, child and infant CPR procedures, which have all been written using the very latest resuscitation guidelines.
The course will help you, the healthcare professional, deal effectively with an unconscious casualty who is not breathing. We show you the correct protocols and procedures to use when dealing with a life threatening cardiac arrest.
This is the ultimate online CPR course for non-hospital based healthcare professionals.
Who should subscribe to this course?
This course is designed for all healthcare professionals who need or wish to gain the valuable knowledge to deliver both adult and paediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation to the latest RCUK guidelines.
This is an ideal course for General Practitioners, practice and community nurses, trainee Doctors, Health Visitors etc.
BLS Healthcare Professionals consists of the following steps, which should be performed sequentially:
- Check for risks to the victim, any bystanders, and yourself
- Assess the victim to be unresponsive
- Shout for help
- Open the airway
- Establish absence of normal breathing
- Alert the ambulance service
- Perform chest compression
- Give rescue breaths (ventilation)
- Maintain CPR with the correct ratio of chest compressions to rescue breaths