Peripheral Venous Cannulation.
This course is suitable for any healthcare professional who is involved with IV therapy and requires the skills to undertake the placement of peripheral intravenous cannulation.
A work manual will be issued that can be used to document episodes of supervised practice within the workplace. On completion of the course assessment of competencies should be arranged within the workplace.
- Professional considerations
- Venous anatomy of the human arm
- Site selection
- Cannula selection
- Hand hygiene and microbiology
- Venous cannulation procedure
- Complications of venous cannulation
- Interactive assessment
- Final Assessment
is an Approved Educational Supplier for CPDme